Mental health benefits after meditation – What it can do for you!
Meditation may be something that many people have heard about, yet they have never tried since they do not believe that this offers many benefits. However, studies have shown that there are many mental health benefits after meditation and can help the overall health of a person. For those who suffer with stress or any other type of mental condition, meditation can be their key to relaxing and really enjoying life .
There have been several studies performed over the years that all point to meditation being one of the best things a person can do for their mental health. However, in order to truly understand the importance, it is vital that a person know the research. In a study conducted by the University of Massachusetts Medical School, they took two groups of people. One group was given the task of learning meditation within the next eight weeks, while the other group was to continue about their daily lives. At the end of the eight weeks and four months later, each participant had their brain waves monitored. Those who were actively meditating were showing more brain waves in the left side of the brain, while everyone else was still showing more right brain activity. The right brain is known for stress, while the left side of the brain is more calm and relaxed. This evidence led medical professionals to recommend meditation to those with mental health issues.
How Meditation Helps
There are several key benefits that a person will notice as they continue to do meditation and as they first begin this practice, these benefits include:
– Being able to stay calm even during situations that would otherwise make them stressed or unhappy
– Able to avoid distractions that would normally bother them
– Have better concentration which can help them tremendously over time
– Enhanced memory
– Able to stay more relaxed in what would otherwise be stressful situations
– Stress plays less havoc with the physical health of a person
With all of these benefits it would seem that meditation is one of the easiest ways that a person can not only ensure that they are mentally healthy, but also help their physical health along the way.
How To Meditate
Meditation is something that takes practice. Those who start need to know that it will be hard to clear their minds of everything, but after some practice it gets easier. In addition, they are not going to notice immediate mental health results. The benefits that are mentioned are after a person has performed meditation for a period of time.
In order to do this, there are a few components that must be in place:
– The person must be in a dark, quiet area to sit or lay
– Soft, soothing music playing in the background can help clear the mind
– Focus on the expanding and deflating of the body as they breathe
– Doing this steadily every day for around 20 minutes is a great start
Meditation takes time, but with the benefits, it’s definitely worth giving a go. Massages are also great for the body, mind and soul!
To book in for a magical massage at Massage One, Call us today on (07) 55 200 357 and book!